The Research & Instruction Department supports all levels of inquiry, research, and instruction . Research & Instruction Librarians are available to facilitate your research and guide you in finding and using the most relevant print and onlinesources. Schedule an individual appointment in advance to ensure uninterrupted time with a librarian. R+I Librarians also teach research classes across the college and oversee the development of the circulating print collection, ebooks, electronic databases, dvd and Reference collections.
Consult a RISD Librarian
Contact one of our Research & Instruction Librarians for research help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Research Help Desk and ask the student assistant to call the Librarian on duty.
Marc CalhounCatalog/Research Librarianmcalhoun@risd.edu | 401 709-5941
Ellen PetraitsResearch & Instruction Librarianepetrait@risd.edu | 401 709-5905
Coordinator of Graduate Library Instruction
Tessa MedianoResearch & Instruction Librarian (Part-time)email@example.com | 401 709-5902
Amy VanderWeeleResearch & Instruction Librarian (Part-time)firstname.lastname@example.org | 401 709-5902
Working with a Librarian
An Art Librarian can:
- Listen as you discuss your class assignment, studio projects, and research needs
- Translate your art & design ideas into effective ways to think about, search for, and locate information
- Bridge any gaps between your subject domain and the library domain
- Offer ways to think critically about the information you encounter
- Help you navigate the vast network of libraries and information institutions beyond RISD