The Fleet Library is a place for inquiry, inspiration, and research. We collect, preserve, and provide access to materials on art and design in support of RISD’s educational programs. We develop and promote critical thinking skills and creativity through instruction and outreach. We are committed to serving the artistic and scholarly community at RISD and beyond.
- Provide collections that advance creativity, critical thinking, and diversity of thought and practice, with an emphasis on supporting RISD’s curriculum.
- Provide innovative, user-centered services to enhance access to our collections and connect library users with staff expertise.
- Create programming and exhibitions that promote library collections and foster connections with the campus and community.
- Partner with academic colleagues to integrate information literacy and research skills into the curriculum.
- Foster an accessible and inviting environment that provides space for collaboration as well as inquiry and inspiration.